Friday, August 31, 2007

A success

We ended up with close to $800 in pampered chef sales and $56 total for the raffle. The raffle was given to us so we ended up with right at $215 for our fundraiser. We are excited as we keep plugging along to get the funds for our adoption. Tim starts EKU Wednesday so by the second week of September we should have all of our documents done and on their way to Texas. It is so crazy that we are so close to being ready for birth parents. I have a deep feeling that our child has been conceived, and it is so crazy that we will meet them in a short while. The adoption roller coaster is one full of emotions. I pray that this one remains smooth with little or no bumps!!!

Today we helped Nanna with a yard sale. I had some stuff donated from church to sale and my MIL is giving us the money that she makes. So far at the end of today we are getting $100. She is having it tomorrow as well so hopefully we will get $100 more from that.

The other day I was an emotional wreck because of trying to fund this adoption. Well when I finally realized that I can't do anything on my own things get so much better. Philippians 4:13 is such an amazing verse to live by: "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." We can't do anything on our own so no matter what we are struggling with give it to the Lord and He will see you through!!! Have a great and safe Labor Day!!!

3 comments:

Farrah said...

You do the same Kelli, Everything will come together and I promise you it will be in perfect timing..

About me I will right you an email and give you a heads up...I don't want to get too excited but I feel GOD working Hard on us right now. So more details to come..
Also we are trading our 2004 Toyota Seqouia for a 2007 Ford Focus...The end result a payment of $304 saved a month...Hey that little focus is looking pretty darn good!

Krystal said...

I totally get what you are saying -- when we try to figure out how WE are doing to pull things off, well it's impossible!!! But when we remember that God is in control and we give Him our worries, anything is possible :)

Great job on the PC fundraiser!!

Jennifer said...

Kelli-

Great job on that fund raiser. I am getting excited for you as well. Every step is one step closer.