Sunday, August 5, 2007

Fundraiser #1

Well the yardsale was a success. We ended the day with almost $1,000. There was a truckload of stuff left that we took to the one of the shelters. I would have kept it for another sale, but much of the stuff had been through 3 yardsales. If it didn't sale the first, second, and third time then it is not going to sale the 4th time. People were kind, but there were still the ones that wanted everything for nothing. I felt like saying dude we are trying to fund an adoption, not just make a little extra spending cash. There were some people in our church that forgot to bring their stuff so we may have another yardsale in October. Hopefully it will be much cooler, since we all roasted yesterday. Our next fundaiser possiblities are Dinner/Movie night, and Pampered Chef. There is a grant that we are going to apply for as well. This weeks agenda includes buying party supplies for Kaleb's 2nd b-day, getting our fingerprints done, and working on our profile. It is exciting knowing that we are so close to being done with the paperwork. Then the waiting will begin!!!

3 comments:

Farrah said...

YEAH good for you....I'm so happy that you made your goal!
now it is my turn....

Krystal said...

Kel -- I am sorry that I missed your call and that I didn't even see the message until late tonight!!! It's awesome that you guys met your goal :)

I bought our bday stuff today, so you should be getting your invitation soon!

Krystal said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you one more thing about the yard sale. . . I still cannot believe this, but a lady bought a comforter and then she brought it back and asked for her money back b/c it was "too lumpy"! I mean, come on, it's a yard sale, lady - an adoption fundraiser. . . Of course I gave her money back and acted like it was no big deal, but inside I was just blown away that someone would do this. What made it even worse is that she bought it early in the morning and then brought it back at the end, so I didn't even have a chance to sell it to someone else, and it smelled all smokey when she brought it back. I guess I need to fumagate it for next weekend!!!